7 Best Bicep Exercises For Men- Easy home workouts
The most popular fitspo ambition of all men is bulging biceps. If you wish for trimmed biceps and triceps, know pro tips from our expert trainers.
The most popular and achievable fitspo ambition of all men are bulging biceps and you must be one of them. In polite society, you can't go around flaunting your honed abs all the time, but trimmed biceps are inescapable.
The biceps are not the biggest muscle group on your arms. That honor belongs to the triceps. But they are the most visible because of their location on the front of the limb.
The best bicep exercises include isolation workouts. It enables you to hone your muscle growth and development. Also, the bicep exercises for strength make you strong overall.
In this blog, our trainers have compiled a list of the 7 best bicep exercises for men. From beginners to experts, all can perform these best bicep exercises at home.
It's possible that you don't have any lifts or dumbbells at home. So, we’ve included both bicep workouts at home with dumbbells and bicep workouts at home without dumbbells.
Choose the ones you like and make a routine to sculpt your arms.
Best bicep exercises for men
Bicep workouts at home with dumbbells
First, we will go through the best bicep exercises with dumbbells.
Recommended: The Importance of Sleep for Muscle Recovery
1) Concentration Curl
The concentration curl is a biceps focusing classic that you've certainly seen at any gym. You may go for volume by ripping through repetitions, or you can focus on the concentric part of the exercise for even greater results.
- Place both feet on one side of a bench.
- Tilt your back a little to the front and spread your legs more than shoulder-width.
- Using a supinated grip, hold a dumbbell with your right hand and place your right elbow on the inner of your right thigh.
- Drop the weight so your arm is completely straight.
- Curl the dumbbell toward your chest, squeeze it at the peak, and then lower it. That counts as one rep. Perform all the repetitions on one side before switching arms.
Pro Tip: To strengthen your biceps peak, do this workout at least once a week.
2) Traditional Curl
The traditional dumbbell curl is a must mention of the best bicep exercises for men.
- Take a pair of dumbbells and hang them by your sides at arm's length. Your palms should face front when you turn your arms.
- Bend your elbows and curl the dumbbells towards your shoulders without moving your upper arms.
- Slowly revert the weight back to the starting position after a brief pause. Properly straighten your arms each time you go back to the beginning position.
Trainer recommendation: In one set, perform 20 repetitions with three 5-pound plates on either side of the bar. Then, from each side, remove one plate. Complete 30 repetitions. Unload the second plate from each side and repeat for 40 repetitions. Remove the final set of plates and do 50 repetitions using just the empty bar.
3) Curl Of Ez-Bar Preacher
This is among the best bicep exercises for men to concentrate their biceps and remove their other upper-body muscles from the scenario. So they won't interfere to support your weak biceps. If you don't have a suitable workstation, a Swiss ball or a bench tilted at 45 degrees would suffice.
- Hold an EZ-bar six inches apart in your hands.
- Place your upper arms on a preacher bench's tilted pad and grip the bar in front of you. Slightly bend your elbows.
- Raise your elbows and curl the bar toward your shoulders while your upper arms remain still.
- Slowly reduce the weight back to the beginning position after a brief pause.
4) Dumbbell Preacher Curl
If you don't have a specialized preacher curl setup or an E-Z bar, the dumbbell preacher curl gives you the same benefits.
- Sit on the preacher curl bench or a tilted bench with a single dumbbell in your right hand.
- Place your right arm on the pad and stretch it.
- Make sure your core is firm, your feet are level on the ground, and your left hand is comfortably positioned on your hip, thigh, or arm pad.
- Bring the dumbbell as near to your right shoulder as possible using your right arm's biceps, squeeze at the peak, and gently return to the starting position.
Tips & Tricks: Choose a heavier-than-normal weight. Use your free hand to assist you in curling the weight up. Release your free hand and gently drop the heavyweight with your curled hand after reaching the top. Do 8-12 reps.
5) Standing Barbell Curl
This is the simplest among the best bicep exercises for men. Barbells enable you to train both arms simultaneously and equally, and the location of your grip allows you to target certain muscle groups.
- Grab the barbell with an underhand grip and keep your hands around the width of your hips. Take a broader grip to focus on the inner region of the bicep.
- Keep the barbell at hip height, then bend it up to shoulder height by tightening your core and biceps.
- At the peak of the action, squeeze your biceps, then gently drop the weight down to the starting position.
- Keep your feet firm during the workout and avoid using your hips to raise the weight.
Suggestion: Increase the thickness of the gripping portion using a Fat Gripz or Harbinger Big Grip training tool. This extra thickness will force you to use your forearms and grip strength even more.
Biceps workout at home without dumbbells
Till now, we learned the best bicep exercises at home using dumbbells, barbells, etc. In the next section, get to know the biceps workout at home without dumbbells.
6) Hammer Curl using Resistance Band
To maximize bicep growth, leave the weights on the rack and try resistance bands. The hammer grip strengthens the brachialis, a lower muscle that makes your arms appear big.
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart on top of the band, shoulders back, and spine straight.
- Make a supinated hold on the band, with your hands outside your body and your arms stretched straight down.
- Curl the band to chin level, then return it to the starting position. That counts as one rep.
Pro Tip: For a fast pump, stand on top of a looped resistance band for 30 seconds, set a timer, and perform as many curls as you can.
7) Biceps Curl Suspension Trainer
This is among the famous bicep exercises for strength without weights. Hang a suspension trainer from a strong overhead structure, such as a pull-up bar, to do it. Set the grips at or just below chest level.
- Face the connection point of the suspension trainer and grip the handles with palms facing up.
- Lean back, firming your abs, keeping your body straight, and your arms outstretched in front of you.
- Curl your body up to reach the grips. Maintain a straight line with your hips and avoid bending or twisting.
Make this exercise simpler by bringing your feet closer to you so you're more upright. This exercise is more difficult when you stretch the straps and move away from the anchor point. This posture puts additional strain on your core and biceps.
These bicep and tricep exercises at home will develop your arm muscles. Take precautions and be careful while doing the best bicep exercises for men. To get personalized tips, consult our trainers.